Meadow Brook Hall holds annual Wild Game Dinner

The grandeur of Meadow Brook Mansion, where the Wild Game Dinner will take place. 

Ever wonder what pheasant, wild boar or duck taste like? Meadow Brook Mansion, a national and historic landmark located on Oakland’s campus, will be hosting its 9th annual Wild Game Dinner where people can come and experience a true fine dining experience.

The event will be held on September 17 at 6 p.m. 

To kick off this event, the mansion will serve cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. A special guided tour and entertainment will also be available. 

The dinner will be held outside near the gardens, along with a raffle and an auction. The auction will feature a large range of items people can bid on. 

Attendees have a chance to win fishing trips, guns, VIP Red Wings tickets, jewelry, golf equipment and different spa packages.

“We are excited to be hosting this event,” said Shannon O’Berski, the mansion’s marketing and communications manager. “Oakland University students are more than welcome to buy tickets and will be eligible to receive a small discount as well.”

If a student should find him or herself at the Wild Game Dinner, they’ll need to prepare their tastebuds. 

Attendees will get the opportunity to eat gourmet food that will be prepared specifically for the event by the mansion’s head chef, Patrick Gazzarato.

Some of the featured menu items include venison meatballs, a cucumber and spinach salad with duck confit and a wild boar and king crab risotto. 

To finish the night off, a succulent piece of crème brûlée cheesecake with berries and caramel will be presented.

Oakland University alumnus Greb Webb recalls fond memories of his experience at the Wild Game Dinner in years prior.

“I went to the event once before with my girlfriend. It was a nice time with a beautiful atmosphere and wonderful food,” he said. “It was pricey, but I would do it again.”

The dinner is a fundraising event and all the proceeds go to the preservation and restoration of the mansion.

The night is sponsored by Meadow Brook Hall and Jewell Media Services. Reservations for the dinner are required. Tickets will cost $100 without the student discount. They go fast, so prospective attendees are encouraged to make reservations immediately.

OU students are always invited to attend events at Meadow Brook Hall, which are year-round. There is a holiday walk through the mansion, dinner and movie events, an upcoming Great Gatsby Gala and constant tours.

Students have access to tours of the mansion for free and receives discounts on any ticketed event hosted by Meadow Brook Hall.

For more information on the Wild Game Dinner, call (248) 364-6263 for more information.