Comerica Offers College Night

In an effort to increase college attendance at Detroit Tigers games, the franchise is offering special college night games throughout September.

Students can attend specific games for $15. Ticket price includes a pavilion ticket and a College Night T-shirt.

“It’s an idea that a number of teams have been doing for years, but it’s a new initiative for us,” said Steve Harms, vice president of corporate partnerships and ticket sales.  “It’s a way for us to connect with a segment of the fan base that wasn’t necessarily getting as much attention and it’s something we’re glad to offer.”

Harms said the response for the August College Nights was excellent, and he only expects things to get better as the semester starts. He also expects to see a large number of fraternities, sororities, and other student organizations taking advantage of the offer.

“The pavilion is a great place to sit and we’re hoping we’ll keep winning and staying in the hunt for the pennant,” Harms said.

Christen Oliveto, a recent Grand Valley State graduate and current intern with the Tigers, said the nights are designed as an affordable way for students to enjoy a baseball game.

“We want College Night to be THE night for college students to attend a Tigers game,” Oliveto said. “It’s so they can enjoy an inexpensive night at the ballpark with a group of friends in a section with other college-aged baseball fans.”

Game nights are Sept. 2 against the Cleveland Indians, Sept. 16 against the Kansas City Royals, and Sept. 30 against the Minnesota Twins. For tickets, visit tigers.com/college or call 866-66-TIGER. Groups of fifteen or more can call 313-471-BALL (2255) to order tickets without online fees. These groups will also receive recognition on the scoreboard.

“I hope OU students will come down, enjoy this opportunity, and watch the Tigers race to the playoffs,” said Harms. “It’s going to be an exciting and special September, and I hope a lot of students will get involved with it.”