Police Files: July 20

Individual Arrested for Marijuana Possession

On June 24, during patrol an OUPD officer came upon two parked cars in a dark parking lot near the Meadowbrook storage facility. One vehicle contained one female, the other vehicle contained two males. The individuals stated they were switching cars. During a search of the vehicle containing the two males, in the passenger’s seat, officers came across of a bag that contained what is believed to be a marijuana pipe containing marijuana residue, a Cherry Coke plastic bottle converted into a smoking device, and prescription bottle containing seeds and stems that tested positive for marijuana. The male driver and female driver of the other vehicle were released while the passenger was arrested and transported to Oakland County Jail.

Assault in Oakland Parking Lot

On June 20, a student reported a possible assault on herself in a parking lot on campus. The assault occurred between the student and a male whom she became friends with in 2006. They had lost contact with each other until a few weeks prior to the incident where they met up and had sexual intercourse, which was said to be the cause of the argument. The male was upset with the female because she refused to take the “plan B pill.” When the female student tried to get out the car, the male grabbed her wrist and held on for about one minute. The male released her but then proceeded to grab her cell phone. Once it was returned, the female student went to another location to compose herself and alert the OUPD.

Attempted Suicide in USA Apartment

On June 25, a student contacted OUPD stating he was concerned about text messages that he had received from a student who might be attempting suicide. Officers arrived at the apartment of the student to find their visibly distraught and concealing a cutting tool. The Dean of Students was alerted of the situation and soon after, Rochester Hills Fire Department took the student to a nearby hospital for further care.