Police Files: Sept. 21

Student stalked, assaulted

On Sept. 7, 2011, a female student contacted OUPD to report that a male had called her twice and she was frightened. Once OUPD officers arrived to the residence of the female student, she had told them that she had previously been sexually assaulted by this male. The female student stated that the man had called her multiple times and the female tried to ignore the calls. While investigating, the OUPD officers witnessed the male student calling the female student and warned him that it was witness tampering. The male was cited for misdemeanor stalking and a warrant was denied.

Student arrested for operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs

On Sept. 10, 2011, a male student was pulled over by OUPD officers after they noticed the driver speeding and swerving near the Ann V. Nicholson Student apartments. After initially being pulled over for a traffic stop, officers noticed a strong odor of both alcohol and marijuana. His speech was also slurred and his ear was bleeding.  Auburn Hills Fire arrived on scene to clean up the ear. The student stated he was coming from bar but had “only a shot and a Corona.” Officers put the male student though a field sobriety test. His preliminary breathalyzer test was below the legal limit. Officers searched the vehicle and found a small bag of marijuana, glass pipe and an open bottle of Grey Goose vodka. The male student was booked shortly after for operating under the influence of drugs.

Underage student intoxicated in Hannah Hall

Officers were dispatched to Hamlin Hall on Sept. 9, 2011 after member of the housing staff reported that they believed a student had been drinking.  Officers came into contact with a female student in the hallway outside her room. She stated she had not been drinking alcohol but her speech was slow and slurred. After the student went into her room to get her ID, the officers saw her stumbling and struggling to stay upright. After she returned to the officers, they asked the female student again if she had been drinking and she replied with “yes.” After testing her blood alcohol level,  it was determined she was intoxicated over the legal limit and was cited and released to the custody of her father.