Police files: Oct. 19

Suspicious male in Vandenberg cafeteria

On Tuesday, Oct. 11, officers were called to Vandenberg cafeteria about a suspicious man. A male who made the complaint told officers that he observed an older male who approached several females two weeks prior, asking for their phone numbers and if they wanted a massage. The male said the suspicious person was harassing the female employees. Officers approached the suspicious male and told officers that he was on campus, but denies the claims. He also stated he was registered at OU, but not a student at this time. It was determined the man’s claims were false and he was banned from the campus grounds since he had no official business with OU and has never been a student.

Search for contraband in student apartments

On Thursday, Oct. 13, officers reported to student apartments to investigate illegal marijuana use. Officers reported the apartment smelled like marijuana smoke. After getting consent to search the room of the male student in question, a small marijuana seed was found. One of the occupants said they had been smoking Black and Mild cigars. No further action was taken.

Reports of drunken students

On Sunday, October 16, officers were dispatched to student apartments after reports of a party with an marijuana odor. Officers met with two male residents who said there was no drinking or drug use. The males denied that anyone else was in the apartment, but the officers found two more male students and four female students hiding in other rooms. The first male student did not cooperate with officers — giving them a false identification. The student resisted arrest. After being forced into handcuffs, he gave officers his real name. The underage male showed a BAC of .157, and was issued a minor in possession citation.