Police files: Nov. 2

Robbery near the OC

On Oct. 19, a female approached a student asking to borrow a cell phone. After 20 minutes of use, both started walking towards South Foundation Hall. Once the student took it back, the suspect snatched it out of her hand and ran toward the P-1 parking lot. The student signaled the emergency blue light phone nearby and gave a description of the suspect and direction of travel. Officers detained the suspect at a childcare center in Auburn Hills. The student confirmed the suspect’s identity. The suspect said she forgot she had the phone then walked across the parking lot. The suspect was charged with robbery.

Marijuana use in Van Wagoner

On Oct. 25, officers were called about an odor. When officers approached the door, they smelled marijuana. Officers said “the room was smoky.” There were five students in the room and four had “red, watery eyes.” The other was released with no citation. Occupants denied smoking and said that they had burnt a piece of paper in the microwave and threw it out the window. There was no evidence of the claim. Officers found a bong and a small amount of marijuana. After finding the paraphernalia, they admitted to possession and smoking. Two of the four students received a misdemeanor citation for marijuana use while the others got a citation for marijuana.

Possible cocaine use

On Oct. 27, officers went to South Foundation about a student that may have used narcotics in class. The professor told officers that after the class, students told her they witnessed a student “snort a white powder off the desk top.” The student reportedly had been acting different. Officers examined the desk and saw a small area of a residue but not enough for a narcotics test. Officers told the professor to call OUPD if the student showed any more strange behavior.