Police files: Nov. 30

Marijuana use in Hamlin Hall

On Oct. 17, officers were called to Hamlin Hall for an odor investigation. After officers arrived at the dorm in question, the occupants didn’t answer the door. Officers report they heard the sound of toilets flushing. When the door was opened, all the windows were open to clear the room of smoke.

Two of the four students in the room were cleared and released. After searching the desk, marijuana stems, a tobacco tin and plastic bag — both with marijuana residue — were found. One student denied marijuana possession, but during a pat down, marijuana seeds were found in his pocket. The other student had a burn hole in his sweater. He claimed it was from fireworks. Eventually, the second student admitted to smoking. Both were given a misdemeanor citation for marijuana use.

Disorderly conduct near the OC

On Oct. 20, officers working a dance in the OC saw a male had left the building and who was attempting to get back inside. Officers told him that he couldn’t because it was past 12 a.m. and the doors were locked. The student became upset, refused to leave and began making faces threatening one of the officers to “come outside so that (the student) could kick his ass.” After requesting back up, the male left and was found running towards the Fitzgerald House. Once the male was caught, he received a citation for disorderly conduct.

Assault, battery by Hill House

On Oct. 20, officers saw two female students fighting on the bridge to Hill House at 2:47 a.m. When one of them ran inside the building and opened the door, the other student ran towards her and started kicking and throwing punches at the student inside. Both students were transported to OUPD, where the student who threw kicks and punches was issued a citation for assault and battery.