Police files: Jan. 4

Hamlin room invaded

On Dec. 3, 2011, OUPD responded to a home invasion report in Hamlin Hall. At approximately 7:00 a.m., two residents left their room and didn’t recall locking their door. When the two students returned, they saw that the one had his Xbox 360, accessories and games stolen (total value of $600), along with a HP laptop. There were no signs of forced entry. Items were entered into the Law Enforcement Information Network (LEIN)

Larcenies on campus

On Dec. 8, 2011, a student filed a report of a larceny in North Hamlin Hall. The female student said that she was missing a gray dress and pair of black boots. She also stated that the last time she saw both items was approximately one week ago and noticed they were missing today. Her roommate said that a cream colored tanktop was missing as well. Students were advised to contact OUPD if any other items were missing or if their property was returned.

Cell phones stolen from Kresge  

On Dec. 11, 2011, officers were dispatched to Kresge Library regarding a report that a student had his cell phone stolen from the Technical Support Desk on the second floor. The student stated that after leaving the desk momentarily, his “Epic 4G Galaxy S2” cell phone that charging was gone when he returned.  The case is still under investigation.

Holiday decorations damaged at Meadow Brook Hall

On Dec. 22, 2011, a Meadow Brook Hall staff member contacted OUPD to report some damaged holiday decorations on display near Knoll Cottage. A person or persons unknown pulled up several poles with garlands and lights. They also threw a table into the woods and damaged a decorated deer. The damage was estimated to be less than $150 total. There are no known suspects at this time.