WEEKEND EVENTS, FEB. 24.

Friday, February 24

Learn the fundamentals of leadership with the leadership and volunteer center

The Leadership and Volunteer Center is hosting their “Friday’s” Encourage the Heart Leadership session from noon until 1 p.m. in Room 126 in the Oakland Center. To RSVP to this event, log on to GrizzOrgs. This session is number four of nine that will discuss the fundamentals of leadership. The class is taught through use of a book written by leadership experts James Kouzes and Barry Posner. The meetings will be every Friday from noon until 1 p.m. in Room 126 of the Oakland Center until March 13.

SMADIS hosts bone marrow, health walk/run planning meeting

Students Making A Difference In Society will be holding a meeting to discuss plans for the next bone marrow drive and health walk/run from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. in the Student Life office at Oakland Community College. To RSVP to this event, log on to GrizzOrgs.

Saturday, February 25

O2O hosts meeting to discuss next health walk/run

Students Making A Difference In Society will be holding a meeting to discuss plans for the second annual Oakland to Oakland health walk/run from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. in the Student Life office at Oakland Community College. To RSVP to this event, log on to GrizzOrgs.

All weekend

OU Art Gallery hosts ‘Idealizing the Imaginary: Illusion and Invention in Contemporary Painting’ exhibit

The Oakland University Art Gallery’s “Illusion and Invention in Contemporary Painting” exhibit consists of contemporary works from 14 different artists. Admission is free for students. The gallery is open Tuesday through Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. The gallery will be featuring that exhibit until April 1.

Mary Stuart, a play on the historical commentary of the Queen of Scots, runs until March 4

Written by Friedrich Schiller and adapted by Peter Oswald, Meadow Brook Theatre hosts “Mary Stuart,” a play on the historical commentary on Mary, the Queen of Scots and the final days of her life. The play runs until March 4.