WEEKEND EVENTS: International Night, World Music Concert

Friday, March 16

International Night 2012: “Around the World in Three Hours”

Sponsored by the Center for Student Activities and the International Students and Scholars Office, attendees will enjoy food, entertainment, music, fashion and multicultural displays. International Night is March 16 from 5 until 8 p.m. in the Banquet Rooms of the Oakland Center. Other sponsors of this event include Student activities Funding Board, China Club, Japan Club, French Club, Zeta Sigma Chi Multicultural Society, Chinese Friendship association, as well as many others organizations and associations at OU. The event is open to all students.

World Music Concert with Andy Narell

Andy Narell, a well-known steel drum artist, will be performing, on March 16 from 8 to10 p.m. in the Varner Recital Hall. This event is Oakland University’s World Music Ensemble’s annual winter concert. All seats are $8. For more information call 248-730-2030.

Saturday, March 17

Executive MBA Information Session

An information session will be held on March 17 from 9 until 11 a.m. in 238 Elliot Hall for Prospective Executive MBA Students with concentrations in Health Care Management or Information Systems Leadership. Attendees will learn about the program structure and application processes. To RSVP contact Monica Milczarski at [email protected] or 248-370-2059.

Dialogue With Mozart: The Complete Mozart Sonatas for Piano and Violin

This musical event will consist of four concerts that explore three periods of Motzart, through incorporating the piano and violin. From 8 to 10 p.m., in the Varner Reciptal Hall. Oakland University piano professor, Yin Zheng and guest violinist, Bin Huang, will perform. For more information, contact Gillian Ellis at [email protected].

Sunday, Match 11

OU Art Gallery: Idealizing the Imaginary: Illusion and Invention in Contemporary Painting

Twenty-four national renowned artists will display their artwork from 12 to 5 p.m. in 208 Wilson Hall. The gallery is free and open to the public. Gallery hours are Tuesdays through Sundays from 12 to 5 p.m. For more information, contact Jacky Leow at [email protected], or 248-370-3005