MAY 18-24 CAMPUS BRIEFS

Varner Recital Hall presents ‘Captain Louie’

Varner Recital Hall will be presenting the family musical, “Captain Louie,” on Friday, May 18 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and again from 7 to 9 p.m. Tickets are $14 for general public and $8 for students. For more information, call 248-370-2030.

Varner Recital Hall hosts day-long jazz workshop

Varner Recital Hall will be hosting a Jazz Workshop all day on Saturday, May 19. The workshop will feature Regina Carter and the OU Jazz Quartet. For more information, call 248-370-2030.

OUCARES, ASA/OCC hosts monthly ‘After Hours Adult School’

OUCARES and ASA/OCC will be presenting a program titled “After Hours Adult School” every month in the Oakland Center from 6 to 9 p.m. This month’s meeting will take place on Monday, May 21. The social is a support group for adults with Asperger’s, HFA, or PDD/NOS. For more information, contact OUCARES at 248-370-2424 or send an email to [email protected].

Vitality Dance Club hosts auditions

Auditions for the Vitality Dance Club will take place on Tuesday, May 22 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. in the Oakland Room of the Oakland Center. To RSVP for this event, log onto GrizzOrgs. For more information, email Katie Bowe at [email protected].

Part one of new student orientation begins

Part one of New Student Orientation will take place on Thursday, May 24 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Oakland Center. To sign up for this event, log onto oakland.edu/orientation. Part two will be held on Tuesday, September 4. For additional information, contact Sara Webb at 248 -370-4653 or send an email to [email protected].

Parent orientation to begin

Parent orientation will be held on Thursday, May 24 from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Oakland Center. This program will educate parents about the different services offered by Oakland University. This event is for the parents of the students attending the day’s New Student Orientation event. For more information, contact Amy Jacovetti at 248-370-4635 or send an email to [email protected].