Campus Briefs 8/29

New faculty workshop on getting started with class

Oakland University will hold the new full-time faculty workshop “Getting Started: What Every New Faculty Wished They Had Learned Before Classes Began”  Aug. 27 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Gold Rooms A, B and C of the Oakland Center. New faculty members are encouraged to attend to be welcomed to the community. For more information, contact the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning at 248-370-2466.

Mandatory International Student Orientation for all new international students 

The Oakland Center will be hosting a two-day event for the International Student Orientation from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.  Aug. 28-29. All new international students must attend. For more information, contact Sara Webb at 248-370-4653, or email her at [email protected].

Weekly meetings start for OUWB Student Government 

The Oakland University William Beaumont Medical Student Government will begin holding their weekly Tuesday meetings beginning  Aug. 28. This week’s meeting will be held in Lake Superior Room B in the Oakland Center from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. All students  are encouraged to attend. For more information, contact Saad Sahi at [email protected].

Pediatric Interest Group host welcome meeting to discuss upcoming plans for the year 

The Pediatric Interest Group will host their welcome meeting Aug. 28 from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. in room 202B of O’Dowd Hall. During this meeting, members will discuss their plans for the year and students can sign up for volunteer opportunities. For more information, contact Amanda Zukkoor at [email protected].

Compiled by Sarah Blanchette,

Staff Reporter