Police Files Sept. 11

MIP issued to guest of student at Van Wagoner House

On Sept. 9, OUPD was dispatched to Van Wagoner House for a report that a resident had signed in a guest who appeared to be intoxicated and under the age of 21. Police met with the resident who did not appear to have been drinking. She told police she was a designated driver for the guest who had been celebrating her 18th birthday. The resident said the guest had been drinking too much and became ill.

Police spoke with the guest who admitted to drinking that evening and she agreed to take a preliminary breath test, which registered a blood alcohol content of .113. OUPD issued the guest a minor in possession citation.

Six students, all underage, drinking at Fitzgerald House

On Sept. 8 at approximately 1:53 a.m., police received a report that there was a group of people jumping up and down on the bridge over Bear Lake.

Police responded to the area but the subjects had left. Night watch of the Fitzgerald House told OUPD that a large group of people entered the dorm and alerted they felt underage drinking was going on. When police arrived to the room where the occupants were, they observed six students who all appeared to have been drinking. All students were under the age of 21 and admitted to drinking. All students were issued minor in possession citations and OUPD disposed of the alcohol.

Assault in Parking Lot 5

On Sept. 4, OUPD met with a female student regarding a reported assault and battery that occurred Sept. 3.

The student said she spoke with another female regarding a male suspect. According to the student, both females were dating the suspect at the same time. The student said during the conversation, the male suspect made comments that she found to be disrespectful. The student said the male then began to choke her and hit her in the face. The student said the suspect then took away her shoes and phone and refused to return them.

The student told OUPD she wants to press charges.

Compiled by Natalie Popovski,

Assistant Campus Editor