Campus Briefs Sept. 11

Mitt Romney’s campaign bus to make stop on campus 

Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s campaign bus will make a visit to Oakland University’s campus Sept. 12, at 11:35 a.m., out-side of Wilson Hall. Members of Romney’s campaign and some state politicians will be on hand to give out flyers and talk to students about the upcoming election.  The event is free to attend and will feature a speech by a member of Romney’s campaign.

Business school lecture, getting people to listen to you 

The Oakland University School of Business Administration is hosting a lecture about how to create a business presentation. It also covers how to be comfortable while public speaking. The lecture takes place off campus at the Birmingham Community House each second Wednesday of the month from 11:30 to 1p.m.. The cost is $35 a lecture. For more information contact Paul Trumbull at 248-370-3287 or email him at   [email protected]

Richard Stamps’ last lecture

Richard Stamps, associate professor of anthropology, is retiring after 37 years of being at Oakland University. His last lecture “Reflections and Connections” will be presented Friday in the Gold Rooms of The Oakland Center. The doors open at 4 p.m., while the lecture starts at 4:15 p.m. To RVSP, email [email protected]. For more information contact Kristen Pierce at 248-370-2560 or email her at [email protected].

Hispanic celebration month, Independant day 

The month of September is National Hispanic Celebration Month and is traditional for Oakland University to recognize the celebration. The celebration is from Sept. 17 through Oct. 5 and is free and open to the public.  To see the full schedule visit oakland.edu/hcm.

Compiled by Stephanie Preweda,

Campus Editor