Police Files Nov. 7

Attempted drug deal in Hamlin Hall caught on camera 

On Oct. 31 at approximately 6:27 p.m., OUPD met with the director of Hamlin Hall who said a resident assistant showed her a video of an attempted drug deal in a dorm room.

The video was taken by the suspect’s roommate from his computer camera. The video shows the suspect and two unknown individuals enter the room and begin asking the suspect to give them a pill in exchange for marijuana.

After eight minutes of trying to convince the suspect to give them the pill, the unknown individuals left.

At approximately 10:08 p.m. the same day, OUPD received a report of the suspect acting abnormally which was perceived as drug use by roommate.

Police made contact with the suspect, who said he did not need medical attention.

The suspect voluntarily told police he was in possession of prescribed medication and hallucinogenic“research” pills which he purchased online. Upon searching the room, police found marijuana and two smoking pipes. Police also found two straws that were cut down that the student said he used to snort “research” drugs.

The suspect received a citation for marijuana and paraphernalia possesion.

Drug overdose in Hamlin Hall

On Nov. 3 at approximately 4:15 p.m., OUPD was dispatched to Hamlin Hall in response to a female student who was reportedly experiencing a drug overdose.

The student’s suitemate told police she had received a text message from the student stating she was overdosing.

Police arrived at Hamlin Hall and found the student sitting on a bench. She was shaking and did not want to talk to police.

According to the student’s mother, an incident like this one has occurred in the past.

The student was transported to Crittenton Hospital and the housing hall director was notified.