POLICE FILES: Dec. 4

Purse stolen in the Oakland Center

On Nov. 26 at approximately 8:15 p.m., an OU police officer went to the Pioneer Food Court in the Oakland Center to meet with a female student whose purse was stolen.

The student said she put her purse and laptop bag on a table in the food court, and left to get a fork and warm up her food. She said when she returned to Skype with her boyfriend, she noticed her purse was missing.

The student thought she may have left her purse in her car, but later checked and could not find it.

The student said her driver’s license, passport, credit cards and social security card were among the items in the stolen purse.

Wallet stolen in Kresge Library

A female student told OUPD that on Nov. 28 between 3-4:30 p.m., she was in Kresge Library when her wallet was stolen.

The student said she left her wallet, bag, books and a coat in a study room at 3 p.m. and went to the fourth floor to use a computer.

When she returned at 4:30 p.m., she noticed her wallet was missing.

She contacted her bank to let them know her card was stolen, and discovered her card had been used to make a purchase at Walmart. She also found out the suspect attempted to make a purchase at Kmart, but the purchase was denied.

The student contacted the cashier who denied the transaction at Kmart, and got a description of the male suspect.