POLICE FILES: Jan. 23

Student contacted by inmate

Police met with a female student Jan. 11 at 4:12 p.m. due to an intimidation report. She said her ex-boyfriend was recently incarcerated and gave her phone number out to other inmates.

The student told police one inmate had already contacted her, and she said she does not know how many other inmates may have her number.

She told police she was scared the inmate’s current girlfriend would attempt to locate and harm her.

The student plans to change her telephone number and does not want to pursue criminal charges at this time.

Fire alarms set off in the OC

Oakland University police officers responded to the Oakland Center Jan. 17 at 7:23 p.m. in response to a fire alarm.

Police met with several employees who were painting the doors outside of the Banquet Rooms with lacquer paint, and the mist form the paint guns caused the smoke detectors to activate.

Due to the alarms activating, the building was evacuated.

Dispatch attempted to reset the fire alarms, but they reactivated due to the remaining mist.

For safety precautions, Cafe O’Bears and the west area of the OC were temporarily closed.

MIP citation issued near Ann V. Nicholson Apartments

Police were on routine patrol near the Ann V. Nicholson Apartments Jan. 19 at 12:55 p.m. when they encountered a female student holding a bottle containing alcohol.

When the student saw OUPD, she hid the bottle behind her back and handed it to another person.  Police asked the student how old she was, and she began to walk away from them.

Police caught  the student and discovered she is 19 years old.

The student acknowledged that the bottle contained alcohol, and said she had six shots before the police found her.

The student consented to a preliminary breath test, which resulted in a .192 blood alcohol content. She was issued a citation for underage drinking.