POLICE FILES: Feb. 6

Domestic violence reported at Ann V. Nicholson Apartments

Police responded to a domestic violence incident between a female student and her boyfriend Jan. 27 at 7:58 p.m. at the Ann V. Nicholson Apartments.

The student told police she got in an argument with her boyfriend and he prevented her from leaving the room by holding her back.

She said she then began to yell for help. The student said she was not physically hurt and police did not observe any injuries.

The student’s boyfriend told police the argument started over how much he worked and how she had been sleeping all day.

He said they argued but only put his hands on her in an attempt to keep her in the room so they could talk.

The male had a red scratch mark on both sides of his neck, and he also had a circular mark on his right cheek bone area.

He said he received these injuries while at work earlier that day.

The male was booked, fingerprinted and was taken to the Oakland County Jail.

Marijuana investigation at Ann V. Nicholson Apartments

The Oakland Univertsity police officers responded to the Ann V. Nicholson Apartments for a marijuana invesitgation Jan. 31 at 10:36 p.m.

When officers arrived, housing employees told police which room they thought students were smoking marijuana in.

When police got to the room, the smell of marijuana was strong.

Police observed the window to the area of the apartment was open, a trash can filled with cigarette tobacco and a small glass bong on the kitchen counter.

The students gave police several pieces of paraphernalia and two buds of marijuana.

Both males were issued a misdemeanor citation for marijuana use.

—Compiled by Natalie Popovski, Campus Editor