POLICE FILES: Feb. 27

Suspicious person in P1

Police officers reported to P1 Feb. 7 at 11:51 a.m., where a driver in a green Saturn was driving erratically and looking strangely at people.

Police stopped the driver and asked for his license and registration. They determined that the title was changed because it did not match the vehicle and the mileage, and the title numbers were much darker. The driver said the original title was at his home. When asked where he lived, he gave a different address then on his license.

The driver was handcuffed when officers noticed his license plate was a photocopy and taped to the bumper with clear tape.  He was then brought to OUPD for processing.

Vehicles damaged by student

Police officers were on foot patrol Feb. 10, when they were dispatched to Ann V. Nicholson apartments at 1:40 a.m.

A witness saw a student breaking rearview mirrors off of cars. The witness said he went inside the apartments, and officers located the suspect. He said he had left a party and was returning to his dorm in Hamlin Hall.

The officers placed the student under arrest for two counts of malicious destruction of property.

iPad stolen from Science and Engineering Building

A student said on Feb. 12 at 3:30 p.m. he had plugged his iPad into the outlet in his classroom in the Science and Engineering Building.

After the class had ended, the student realized he had forgotten his iPad. After 10 minutes, he returned to the classroom. The iPad was gone, and students entering for the next class responded they had not seen it.

The student used the “Find iPhone” app, which located his iPad whenever the device is logged into Wi-Fi.  At 7:30 p.m., the student located his iPad at the Old Navy parking lot at the corner of Morgan Road and South Baldwin Road.

After the student locked his iPad, he could no longer track it.