POLICE FILES: March 20

Student struck by vehicle

OUPD arrived to a hit-and-run scene March 11 at 9:20 a.m.

A student was struck by a car in P26 on their way to Pawley Hall.

The student attempted to get the driver’s attention by placing her hands on the hood of the vehicle and screaming. The student avoided the path of the car by sliding her legs to the left side of the car.

The student refused emergency medical attention, but there was an abrasion on her left wrist.

OU police officers recovered the vehicle that struck her later that day, and the student confirmed the car through photos. Police interviewed the driver who admitted to hitting the student.

The driver was cited for careless driving, leaving the scene of an accident and failing to report an accident.

Employees threatened by prospective student

OU police officers were dispatched to North Foundation March 11 at 11:28 a.m. because two employees said they had received a threatening phone call from a prospective student.

The prospective student yelled at them because the prospective student was missing a file for application to the university.  The prospective student threatened bodily harm to both women.

The assistant vice president of student affairs made contact with the prospective student. She told OUPD the prospective student was calm and did have valid concerns.

The assistant vice president of student affairs said she would talk to the two workers and determine the best outcome.

Student slips on ice

A student told police he was leaving Elliot Hall March 4 at 7:50 p.m. and was walking downstairs to P36. The student he they slipped on ice and fell to the ground.  The student said the lights were not on and he could not see the stairs were covered in ice.

The student reported that their $600 jeans and Coach watch were both damaged by the fall. The student also said they rolled their ankle, but it was fine the next morning.