POLICE FILES: March 27

Minor in posession, open container citations distributed

OUPD officers on patrol initiated a traffic stop March 16 at 1 a.m.

Officers observed the driver speeding on Meadow Brook Drive. They had the driver pull over into P16. Upon approaching the car, officers smelled marijuana. They asked the driver and passengers if they had smoked marijuana. They denied and allowed officers to search the vehicle.

They began a pat-down, but when they began to check the driver, OU officers could smell intoxicants. The driver agreed to a breathalyzer test and blew a .045. They could also smell intoxicants on the rear passenger. The passenger agreed to a breathalyzer test and blew a .040. Both were issued citations.

Suspicious circumstances reported at Hill House dorms

OUPD was dispatched to Hill House March 24 at 2:55 a.m. for a broken window.

Officers noticed that blood was on a few pieces of the broken glass and inside a bathroom stall on the first floor. They also noticed that no object appeared to be thrown through the window, and the majority of the glass was on the inside.

OUPD contacted several area hospitals and asked for a call if anyone came in with injuries matching the incident.

Crittenton Hospital called and stated a male came in with a lacerated hand.

Officers left to interview him. He said he was a student, and he and a friend were playing around, when he ran into the window, breaking it. OUPD officers believed he was intoxicated so, they scheduled another interview.

Domestic violence reported

OUPD officers drove to Hamlin Hall for a possible domestic violence incident March 25 at 2 a.m.

Through interviews, OUPD learned that a student and her boyfriend had gotten into an argument. The argument became physical and the student’s suitemate called OUPD. The student said they had a history of violence.

The male was placed under arrest.