Brandon Hanna, Jibran Ahmed sworn into office

New Student Body President Brandon Hanna was sworn into Oakland University Student Congress April 8, alongside his running mate Jibran Ahmed and their new executive board.

The executive board is now made up of Student Activities Funding Board Chair Phillip Johnson, a sophomore and economics major.

The current Student Program Board Chair is Kalik Jones, a sophomore who is also the current Marketing Director for Student Video Productions.

Retaining her role as Legislative Affairs Director from the previous administration is Michelle Alwardt, a senior majoring in political science.

Kathleen Peterson, a junior, will now serve as Multicultural Affairs Director.

The role of Financial Affairs Director will be filled by Katrina Stencel, a sophomore majoring in finance.

Ashley Monnticcinlo, a sophomore double majoring in international affairs and criminal justice, will serve as Student Services Director.

Maria Arellano, a junior majoring in graphic design, will serve as Visual Communications Director.

Tim Brown, a sophomore majoring in vocal performance, will serve as Marketing Director.

Finally, the position of Administrative Assistant will go to Alexandra Jones, a junior majoring in health science.

The meeting ended with Hanna’s first report to his new board and legislators. In it he discusses his high hopes for the upcoming year and his confidence in his new executives.

“When choosing our board, we look for people who were going to go above and beyond the call of duty,” Hanna said. “I have confidence in these people.”

Ahmed also gave some words of encouragement to his new e-board and legislators.

“I am proud to be serving such a great and talented crowd of people,” Ahmed said. “I am confident that they will take OUSC up top, to the next level.”