OUSC president, vice president say goodbye, work on updating org’s Constitution

Oakland University Student Congress held its last meeting Monday in the Gold Rooms of the Oakland Center, and ended with farewells from the departing Student Body president and vice president, Samantha Wolf and Robbie Williford.

The meeting began with talks on the committee to amend the current OUSC Constitution.

The committee will consist of  Wolf, President-Elect Brandon Hanna, two serving legislators and two students from outside OUSC.

“There are a lot of inadequate things in the constitution, as well as a lot of outdated bylaws,” Wolf said. “It will be a long process and it’s necessary for everyone to be involved.”

The meeting came to a close as the president and vice president gave out hopeful farewells, asking legislators to stay involved and work together in efforts to improve the campus.

“It (the year) started off rough for us,” Williford said. “But we got to exactly where we wanted to be, plus more.”

Williford said all OUSC accomplished in the year was due to good team-work, a strong relationship with his legislators and his ambitious executive board.

“I know it sounds like a cliché, but we couldn’t have done it without you guys,” Williford said. “We couldn’t have gotten here and made a real difference on campus if it weren’t for you. It was a good year.”

—Contact Staff Intern Jon Davis via email at [email protected]