POLICE FILES: April 3

Property damage reported at Hill House dorms

OUPD arrived at Hill House March 26 11:30 p.m for a follow-up interview with a student who had broken a window in that building.

He stated he was playing around outside with his friend when he fell through a window March 24.

OU officers tried to interview him in the hospital, but they believed the student was intoxicated. They set up an interview two days later.

The student explained he was drinking and tried to enter the Hill House dorms.

He said he did not have his I.D. at the time and knew he could not pass through nightwatch.

The student said he saw a cracked window and tried to gain entrance by pushing it and it broke.

Professor reports malicious destruction at Dodge Hall

OUPD was dispatched to Dodge Hall March 25 at 3:40 p.m. for a report of malicious destruction.

A professor reported that his nameplate, as well as those of two of his colleagues, had been removed from the wall March 18. The nameplates were found and replaced, but the next day, his nameplate was missing again.

The professor noticed a penis drawn in blue marker where his nameplate had been March 25.

The professor told OUPD he did not believe anyone was upset with him, but he felt it was a personal attack.

Marijuana use reported in Hamlin Hall dorm rooms

OUPD officers were alerted by a resident assistant March 23 at 2:11 a.m. that there were people smoking marijuana in Hamlin Hall.

Upon examining the dorm, officers could not find the substance. They cross referenced the system to see if the visitors had prior criminal histories. One visitor was found with a warrant for a failure to appear out of Eastpointe and Madison Heights.

Officers contacted both departments, and they advised officers to release the visitor.  No citations were written.