POLICE FILES: May 15

Identity theft on campus

On May 6, a staff member received a letter from Credit Card Services in Fargo, ND regarding a credit card application.

The letter was sent to acquire additional information.  The staff member did not send the application. But, the application was made with her information via a computer at a bank branch.

The staff member said she had an account at that bank. Credit Card Services could not specify which branch the application originated.

She called the TransUnion credit bureau May 6 to report fraudulent activity on her account.

The suspect is still unknown.

Student’s car damaged at Ann V. Nicholson Apartments

At 7:19 a.m. OUPD responded to the destruction of a student’s car at his residence in Ann V. Nicholson Apartments May 7.

The roommate woke the student up at 7:05 a.m. when he saw the student’s car had a broken window.

The student stated he did not see anything missing.  He also does not know who would have broken his window.

He said he last saw the car at 10:00 p.m. May 6, at which point he did not see a broken window.

On May 7 at 3:02 p.m., the student was contacted by another student.  The caller admitted to throwing a baseball into the car’s window.  He offered to pay for repairs to the window.

The student decided not to press charges against the caller.

Wallet stolen on east side of campus

OU officers responded to a call that a construction worker had recovered his own stolen wallet but about $510 was missing from inside at 8:15 p.m. April 30.

He said that he and a fellow worker were working on the roof of a restaurant.  It began to rain, so he took his coworker home.

During the ride to the coworker’s home, the construction worker realized that his wallet was missing.  After dropping the coworker at his house, he returned to the construction site to look for his wallet because he said he had a “funny” feeling.

He found his wallet in some bushes about 10 feet inside a wooded area at the corner of Mansion Drive and Pavilion Drive.

He believes his coworker is the suspect.