Police Files: February 4

Theft in the Oakland Center

A student reported that someone stole his TI-83 calculator and a bottle of prescription medication from his backpack in the Oakland Center Jan. 27. 

The student left his backpack in a booth near Café O’Bears for about a half hour. He did not notice the missing items until later that evening.

There are no suspects at this time.

Another  student reported her wallet was stolen in the OC Jan. 27. 

The student was sitting with her friends at a table between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. and noticed her backpack zippers tampered with when she went to leave. She checked and her wallet, a black and gray Coach wristlet containing $50 and multiple IDs, was gone.

Welfare check

A student contacted OUPD after receiving a suicidal text message from her friend Jan. 27. 

Officers followed her in West Vandenberg Hall to the student’s dorm, where he stated he was “just being dramatic.” He did not want medical attention. 

Housing removed the student from his room for three days while he stayed off-campus with a friend. 

Assault in the Oakland Center

A student reported an assault and battery in the OC Jan. 26. 

After attending Casino Night with friends, the female victim was near the Grizz Express Store when an unknown male ran up and slapped her on the buttocks hard enough to leave a red mark. 

The victim did not know the male and did not get a good look at his face, but reports he is a white male with short brown hair who was wearing a blue jacket and jeans.

— Compiled by Brian Figurski,

Copy Editor