Weekly briefs

Study in Oxford this summer

On Thursday, Nov. 18, there will be an informational meeting for those interested in studying in Oxford, England this summer. The meeting will run from 6-7 p.m. in the Lake Huron Room of the Oakland Center.  All students are invited to learn more about the program that will begin in July 2011. For more information, contact Brian Connery at [email protected]

Introducing Mr. PhiSignificant

This Saturday, Nov. 20, Phi Sigma Sigma will host its annual Mr. Phi Significant pageant in the Dodge Hall Auditorium at 8 p.m.  The pageant is a male-only competition and will require contestants to charm the ladies of Phi Sigma Sigma. For more information contact [email protected] The event is free to all students.

Dry Tears raise funds for wells

On Saturday, Nov. 20, the non-profit Dry Tears organization will host a fundraiser at the Applebee’s across from campus.  The organization raises money to build wells in Africa that will provide fresh drinking water.  The event will begin at 8 a.m. and will be a pancake breakfast including eggs, bacon and more.  Each breakfast will be $5.  For more information about the event or the organization, contact [email protected]

Meadow Brook Hall Holiday Walk

Beginning on Friday, Nov. 26, students, faculty, family and friends are invited to experience the annual Holiday Walk at Meadow Brook Hall. The Walk includes tours, visits with Santa, cookies and hot chocolate, classic Christmas cartoons, crafts and more. The Walk is available from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Mondays and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday, until Wednesday, Dec. 22. With an ID, the entrance fee for OU students is $5, it is $12 for faculty, staff and alumni (with an ID) $20 for adults and $5 for students ages 17 and younger who are accompanied by an adult. For more information, contact [email protected]