Tickets to see Oakland play the NCAA championship on sale now

Students lined up outside the Center for Student Activities service window this morning, starting at 6:30.

They were there early in order to secure spots on a bus trip to the NCAA second-round game between Oakland University and the University of Texas, which will be played Friday at 12:15 p.m.

Chey-Anne Alger, a freshman majoring in health sciences and Heather Ferow, a junior majoring in secondary education were the first two people in line.

“This is one experience that might not ever come up again, so I decided to embrace it,” Ferow said.

Tickets priced at $35 officially went on sale at 9 a.m. CSA Director Jean Ann Miller said there were 110 spots available on two busses. The OU Student Congress subsidized the cost of the trip.

“We made it to the NCAA and we get to go for $35 instead of $230? Of course I would go,” Billy Rogers, a sophomore majoring in exercise science, said.

The buses for the trip are scheduled to leave at 4 p.m. Thursday and will return Saturday afternoon.

For some students, attending the game means missing out on work and school. Owen O’Connor, a sophomore majoring in elementary education, is missing a quiz and a test in order to attend the event.

“The drive and everything is totally worth it,” he said. “I can’t wait … I love OU basketball.”

Tickets include the roundtrip bus ride and tickets to both the OU-Texas game and the Arizona-Memphis game.

Additional information can be found at the CSA service window.