Looking forward: OUSC anticipates next year

In just a few short days, the semester will come to an end, signaling the end of the Ben Eveslage/Elisa Malile administration for the Oakland University Student Congress. In all honesty, the last year has flown by so fast. But not without a little bit of excitement for where Oakland University is now compared to a year ago.

This is where the Wolf/Williford administration is hoping to start off.

Ever since the beginning of our campaign, OUSC President Samantha Wolf and I have been doing what we can to remain realistic while still giving the students the very best options. We’ve already begun taking a step in the right direction by bringing in some of the brightest and best student leaders at OU to be a part of our executive board.

The Wolf/Williford administration has big hopes for the next year. With initiatives that include a Scantron machine in the library, more student organization collaboration and communication, lobbying for the increased use of Moodle and so many more things, the next year is sure to be filled with much needed changes.

We are so excited and determined to begin giving the students what they deserve. Every voice and every concern should be met with every intention of focusing on solutions, in both the short and long-term time frames. We’re keeping the students and their voices our number one priority.

With this being said, we want to make sure each student has every opportunity to get involved. We want to interact with everyone in a variety of ways. Whether it is via electronic blast, newsletter, or fireside chat, we want to assist you in your hopes of getting your concerns addressed.

This begins with action.

From the very first day in office, the Wolf/Williford administration hopes to hit the ground running. We’re going to be working from our first day in office to the last day in office, writing our own story and leaving our legacy on the students of OU.

I personally want to let everyone who is reading this column know we encourage each and every one of you to get involved and make this university what you want it to be. After all, it’s not every day you get to take action for what you’re passionate about and voice your opinions about it.

It is, and will be forever, one of my greatest pleasures to be able to serve the students in any way that I can, and I assure you that the new administration is going to do what they can to make sure that your voice is constantly heard.

Robbie Williford is the Vice President for the Oakland University Student Congress. Email him at [email protected]