Students share romance stories

From embarrassing sex stories to romantic date nights, Oakland University students share their stories.

No story is left untold by these OU students.

Romance

For senior Taylor Thompson, the most romantic thing a guy could do is leave her little surprises.

After a long night at school, Thompson drove home to her apartment and was surprised by a note hanging from the roof over her normal spot.

According to Thompson, there was a drawing of a dream catcher which read, “I know you’ve been stressed lately. I hope you sleep well tonight.”

Sophomore Jason Taft took his ex-girlfriend on a romantic date last Valentine’s Day.

According to Taft, the couple strolled though the park, enjoyed dinner together at PF Chang’s and watched a romantic movie together.

Attraction

Junior RJ Fischer thinks there needs to be some physical attraction, but having a compatible personality is important.

“I like if it she has a sense of humor,” Fischer said. “I like to be able to laugh with her.”

Thompson is attracted to a guy’s confidence first, but she also likes someone with style.

“I like a guy that isn’t afraid to be a little out of the ordinary with his style,” Thompson said.

Getting caught

The most embarrassing sex stories are those of a parent walking in. But Thompson, who lives and hour away from home in an apartment, wasn’t worried about that.

She had forgotten her mom was staying that night until she heard the front door open. Thompson jumped out of bed and slammed her bedroom door shut which had been open that whole time.

“After the fact my mom said something like, ‘It’s okay. Everybody goes through their sexual times,’ but I was still embarrassed,” Thompson said.

OU Junior Jimmy Schroader was having an intimate moment in the Rite-Aid parking lot when things made a sudden turn for the worse.

“I was a little nervous the whole time, but then as things got heated we saw cop lights behind the car,” Schroader said.

According to Schroader, a cop had pulled over a car on the street by Rite-Aid. When they realized they were not caught the two quickly got dressed and drove away.

Valentine’s Day Plans

Jackie Woodruff, an OU Junior, surprised her wife last year with a scavenger hunt for Valentine’s Day.

The scavenger hunt took Woodruff’s wife to various places they both enjoy or have had intimate moments.

“It started at Home Depot, where we had our first kiss,” Woodruff said.

This year, Woodruff plans to write notes to her wife, telling her everything she loves about her, and place them in balloons.

Ruining the Mood

#1

For the outgoing, having intimate moments in an unconventional place can be exhilarating.

OU sophomore Courtney Stockman was making out in a tree when she fell out of it.

“I knocked myself unconscious,” Stockman said.

#2

When living with roommates, it is common to have the mood ruined by sudden disturbances.

Many couples get walked in on, have jokes made at their expense or even have pranks pulled on them.

OU junior Jimmy Schroader has help from his friends when they set the mood by playing music outside his door.

“Right in the middle we heard ‘Can You Feel the Love Tonight’ from The Lion King,” Schroader said. “It was pretty funny.”