Comments (12)

All The Oakland Post Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• Z

Zack T.Dec 16, 2023 at 1:32 PM

One item worth mentioning is that there are high-quality counseling services available – at no cost to use – at the OU SEHS Counseling Center. Therapy sessions there are conducted by a graduate student nearing completion of his or her studies. The graduate students are supervised by a licensed professional. I have used this service continually and personally never experienced long wait times. In my opinion, the only disadvantage is that one can only stay with a particular graduate student-counselor for one semester. Search OU SEHS Counseling Center on Google, and you will find more information on how to sign up for these services (I would provide a direct link, but these comments do not allow links).

Reply
  • D

dumfoundedcubedDec 15, 2023 at 12:43 PM

How is Ora so blind to the climate on campus? The faculty and staff are demoralized by her lack of leadership and ineptitude. Most of the deans and the Provost are just not equipped with the skills necessary to engage in shared governance and build trust and collegiality on campus. The campus climate eroded after the toxic climate Ora’s administration created during the last faculty negotiations. The faculty pay raises were in effect a paycut when accounting for COLA and the 100% increase in healthcare premiums faculty were forced to agree to pay. I can’t believe they gave faculty a $500 one time payout and thought that would be good enough. Ora’s handbags cost more than $500. Truly an eat cake mindset disconnected from students, disconnected from faculty and disconnected from staff.

Reply
  • C

Cindy LooDec 14, 2023 at 6:42 PM

Well, this speaks volumes about Ora’s ineptitude. If she were to face a vote of confidence from faculty today, she would lose by a considerable margin.

And as others note, her provost is an imbecile.

Reply
  • P

PrezcamdenDec 14, 2023 at 4:31 PM

Remember when we thought Carl Camden was the worst choice.?

Reply
  • D

Dumfounded MuslimDec 14, 2023 at 4:02 PM

So Ora is blaming political turmoil on the “Arab and Muslim population…?” Yikes.

Reply
    • N

NigelHarringtonDec 15, 2023 at 9:51 AM

Yup.
      Cause you know her 3 statements really impacted the Arab Muslim community and the last two showed empathy for all the victims!!!
      Is she really thinking the faculty are happy??? Seriously?? After the horrible way we were treated and lied to during the contract negotiations by Boonian and Hargert??? No COLA increases and 100% increase in healthcare that they told us they didn’t know about??
      Another 8 years of this BS!!

Reply
    • Y

yousefDec 18, 2023 at 8:31 AM

OP has censored 2 replies to your comment

Reply
    • Y

yousefDec 18, 2023 at 3:34 PM

She was 9

Reply
  • B

BringbackrussiDec 14, 2023 at 3:00 PM

She thinks her relationship with faculty is good? That’s incomprehensible. She is widely distrusted. If she really thinks this she needs to get information from more than just a few sycophants. She hides away in her fourth floor bunker so she doesn’t have to confront any faculty who might tell her what things really look like on the ground. Just like not acknowledging faculty dissatisfaction, she also refuses to acknowledge the widespread belief among faculty that her provost needs to go. Notice also that she doesn’t really address the mental health crisis and the fact that we are poorly staffed compared to other places. She simply says there isn’t a real problem. We pay a big price for her fragility and failure to meet the moment. I have no confidence that she will address any of the core issues affecting us.

Reply
  • A

another dumbfounded profDec 14, 2023 at 4:31 AM

If her “unawareness” is not moral turpitude, then I don’t know what is. Well-done, President Pescovitz!

Reply
  • D

Dumbfounded professorDec 13, 2023 at 11:54 AM

She wasn’t aware that faculty were not – and are not – happy with the administration? She’s either lying, or completely out of touch with faculty; either way this give us no reason to trust her or her administration.

Reply
    • Y

yousefDec 13, 2023 at 2:06 PM

This woman tried to force the clot shot that never worked as advertised on an otherwise healthy student body. i have nothing but contempt for her and her lackey Wadsworth.

Reply