OU Got Style- Working it on the runway

Bow-ties, tutu’s and dancing — oh my.

“A Fashion Affair in Hollywood,” brought together by Fashion House of Oakland University showcased local designers at a fashion show on campus.

The banquet rooms of the Oakland Center were transformed into a runway for models to strut their stuff Nov. 22 at 7 p.m. 

The evening featured performances by Nachale Dance Team, Danz Zone Dance Performance and B.R.E.A.D. a singer.

Cortney Hopkins, creator of Fashion House, was the host for the evening.

“Lots of preparation from decorations, stage set up, model practice, designer line-up and programs,” Hopkins said. “There was a lot that went into it. It was great to visualize something and get to see it become reality.”

“We have designers new and old in this show,” Bethany Jackson, fashion director said.

“Chocolate Bunnies,” “Esther’s Closet,” “Anti-Love,” “Cortez Occasions Creations,” “La Vas Couture,” “38 Otto,” “KC Customz,” “Pretty Misses TuTus” and S.R.V.C were the Michigan designers featured.

After the models flaunted their designs the creator took the microphone and explained their inspiration behind the pieces.

“Cortez Occasions Collections stood out to me because I thought he just did bow ties but he did a variety of things,” Hopkins said. “Sweaters, T-shirts and vests, he had extra uniqueness to his look.”

The Fashion House has put on several shows. Their first was “Traffic Stoppers.”

“Our first one had a lot of student participation and we showcased a lot of student designed fashions,” Ane Taylor, Fashion House member said.

The second show took place in February. “Mandarendare: A Place Full of Energy,” showcased African hairstyles, clothing, body art and entertainment.

Fashion House collaborated with La Vas Couture to create an off campus fashion show on June 1 at Saint Vincent de Paul Church in Pontiac called “Crystal Clear: An All White Affair.”

“My favorite part is seeing all the talent from the models to the uniqueness of the designers and their inspiration behind the line,” Hopkins said.