Explore opportunities in healthcare and natural sciences on March 18

Photo courtesy of Career Services

The healthcare and natural sciences exploration fair is slated for Friday, March 18.

On Friday, March 18, students can discover opportunities in healthcare and natural sciences at the Exploration Fair presented by Career Services, which will occur in Oakland Center Banquet Room A from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

The event is open to the School of Health Sciences, and Colleges of Arts and Sciences and Natural Sciences students of any class level.

Companies that will be in attendance include: DirectRx, HTC Global Services, IKUS Life Enrichment Services, North Star Reach, Start My Wellness, Stratford Place Assisted Living & Memory Care, Synergy Health Partners and Team Rehabilitation Services LLC.

Students can discover an array of opportunities from full-time, part-time, internship and volunteer opportunities. They can also meet and connect with professionals from a range of healthcare and science-related companies and learn about available positions.

Career Services career consultant Denise McConkey mentioned the fair is for students looking for opportunities, no matter the class standing.

“This is really a unique event — it’s not your typical fair,” McConkey said. “This is any students from freshman to even graduate-level who are looking for full-time positions and internships, but also part-time positions, job shadowing and volunteering.”

McConkey said the goal of the fair is connection. Career Services wanted to provide people for students to speak to and learn about opportunities within the field.

“We thought we would have an event that would provide them with an opportunity to make that initial connection,” McConkey said. “To give them a resource or someone they can speak to learn more about opportunities. We wanted something that was specific, because healthcare is such a large field and natural sciences.”

McConkey emphasized the importance of networking and speaking with people in the field you’re aiming for. Students who attend can see what opportunities are available to them.

“I think no matter what a student is considering, connecting with people — like previous graduates and university alumni, and individuals already working in the field that students are potentially considering — is instrumental in helping them determine what they want to do,” she said. “Especially when they have a major like health sciences, which is incredibly broad. There are a lot of different paths students can take with that major.”

McConkey highlights securing opportunities, learning more about potential opportunities and networking as the main benefits of the fair.

Students who plan on attending this event can register on Handshake.