Student creates website, brings academic and financial tips to college students

“I was encouraged to create the website to help inform college students in general about the tools that are available online that assist students academically,” Gozdor said of his website YOUniversipedia.com.

College. The stress of classes and the future weighs on the shoulders of many students. Months pass by as the stress grows, but what if it could all be deleted with the click of a button?

OU sophomore Christopher Gozdor, an information technology major, set out to create a website to do just that.

“I was encouraged to create the website to help inform college students in general about the tools that are available online that assist students academically,” Gozdor said.

The site is a fast and effective tool for any college student, but specifically targets freshman entering college.

Gozdor said that he tries to target freshmen because they tend to be unaware of the tools at their disposal, and YOUniversipedia.com would definitely benefit new students at OU.

“My website’s main purpose is to redirect students to other helpful places that can provide them with goods or services to save them money or help make their life at college easier,” he said.

Inside YOUniversipedia.com there are eight central tabs: Home, Schedulizer, Choosing A Professor, Buying Textbooks, Choosing A College, Off-Campus living, Campus Near Coupons, and Miscellaneous Tips. 

“After two years of college I’ve been compiling the best ways for a college student to take a system that’s designed to work against him/her, and make things work out a little bit nicer,” Gozdor says on the site’s home page. 

“The website benefits college students by showing them that there are alternatives to paying an arm for a book at Barnes and Noble, that they can have access to cheaper things around campus by using coupons,” Gozdor said. “They can save money by moving off-campus, and that they can avoid bad professors by signing up for classes early.”

While the site is already a success, Gozdor is still looking for ways to improve it.

“Once I have a stranglehold on the student-market, I can go anywhere with the website that can help college students,” he said. “I could create another textbook-selling website, and I would immediately have clientele that would know of my project.

With 4000 unique users this month alone, Gozdor’s goals seem attainable. It’s just a matter of what direction he decides to take.

“I could sell university-related gear around the country, or create the most integrative college assessment page to have ever seen the internet,” Gozdor said. “I think my next project is to incorporate a tool that can help college students sell their textbooks to other students.”