Police Files: Nov. 13, 2019

Lost and Found

A student came into the Oakland University Police Department on Tuesday, Oct. 22 to report a missing FedEx package. She stated that she was expecting a package from FedEx containing a Lenovo laptop worth approximately $600. When she checked her email for the tracking status, the package said it was delivered on the Oct. 18 and signed for by a different person.

She stated she had not received her laptop and does not know of anyone by the name that signed for the package. She contacted mail services and other housing mail locations and was unable to find her package. FedEx is requesting a police report from her to start a claim. There were no suspects at the time of the student’s first inquiry.

In a follow-up by a member of the IT crew and another OUPD officer, video footage showed that there was no truck arriving at the given address that supposedly signed for the laptop. At that point, OUPD contacted FedEx with the student’s claim number. The FedEx representative stated the package was not stolen, but had been delivered to the wrong address. The representative said the student’s package should be delivered by Oct. 25, and if it did not arrive they would have to file a claim with the vendor.

OUPD informed the student of the findings, and the case was closed without a crime to follow up on.