Police Files: February 13, 2019

Seizure in the MSC

Officers were dispatched to the Math and Science Center for a report of a student who passed out and was having trouble breathing on Friday, Jan. 11 at approximately 1 p.m. Upon arrival, two officers met with the student, who was conscious and breathing. He seemed to be in a fog and was unsure what had happened.

A witness said he heard two chairs in the classroom hit together and then saw the student lying on his back. He saw the student shaking with a bit of blood coming out of his mouth. The witness said the victim was not responsive for a few moments, and officers noted the possibility of a seizure. Auburn Hills Fire Department arrived on scene, and the student agreed to be transported to a nearby hospital for further care.

Another vending machine bites the dust

Two officers were dispatched to South Foundation Hall for a report of a vending machine that had been broken into on Thursday, Jan. 10. The officers, upon arrival, removed the hanging glass to reduce the possibility of injury to the campus community. Dispatch called the owner of the vending machine, Continental Vending, and informed them of the damage to the machine.

Dispatch was advised to call campus cleaning to sweep up the broken glass piled by the front of the machine. Officers were unable to determine if anything was taken and placed all remaining items from the machine at dispatch for safekeeping until a Continental employee arrived to get them.