Police Files: Dec. 5, 2018

Sleepy study session

Two Oakland University Police Department officers were dispatched to the Engineering Center on the morning of Friday, Oct. 26. They were answering a call claiming there were campers on the third floor.

Upon arriving at around 9:30 a.m., the officers found a sleeping group of people who, after waking, confirmed they were current OU students. They told the officers they were up late studying and were tired.

Sometime during the night, the students had rearranged the chairs around them to be able to lay down on them. The officers advised they put the furniture back in its original place when they leave for classes. The students agreed, and the officers cleared without any further incident.

Table thieves

A student living in Hillcrest Hall made a report of two possible stolen end tables on Thursday, Oct. 25. She stated that on Oct. 15, she and a friend had placed two black end tables near the Nightwatch station in Hillcrest. When they returned shortly after midnight, they noticed them missing.

The student stated the value for both end tables may be $100, and believed someone may have stolen them. Video cameras reviewed by officers showed her and a friend walking into Hillcrest at 10 p.m. with the tables, and footage was watched until an hour after the two students returned. There was no sign of the end tables leaving the building or going past nightwatch. The suspect is still unknown.