Top 5 cheapest summer destinations for college students

As most people know, college students are definitely not the richest people in the world. In fact, it’s safe to say most are pretty much struggling when it comes to money. In this case, vacations are probably the last thing on a typical college students’ mind. It’s tough because during the summer months there is no better way to spend your summer other than traveling during time off from school.

However, traveling to far away places and staying in 5-star hotels doesn’t have to be the only option. There are exceptions and beautiful places to see without having to spend a fortune.

Here are the top 5 places to visit on a budget for a college student:

5. Fort Lauderdale: According to certain studies, this is consistently one of the cheapest places to fly into in the sunshine state. Cheaper airfare means more money to spend on souvenirs and fun.

4. Cancun: Extremely cheap and one of the best places to get a bang for your buck. Cancun is one of the hottest destinations for young college students. Why? Because it’s super cheap and a great party! Al inclusive hotels surround the crystal blue water allowing you to save money when it comes to food and drinks.

3. Nashville: This is known for having some of the most affordable hotels in the south, which leaves room for exploring the town and eating some delicious BBQ.

2. Atlantic City: Although a few casinos have closed here this year and the city has taken a bit of a hit, they hop to bounce back by offering extremely cheap prices and packages for tourists this summer.

1. Dominican Republic: Although the resorts may come off a little pricier at first glance it’s what you get out of them that make the stay worth while. Punta Cana in the DR offers all-inclusive resorts, which allow all you can eat and drink for free while you stay. This helps you save money and provides the ultimate experience.