Club Football welcomes new Head Coach

The very successful Golden Grizzly club football team has found a new head coach. Rick Fracassa was announced as the head coach last week, and he is coming in with a very impressive background. Fracassa has ties in big high school football programs like Brother Rice, Bishop Foley and Stevenson High.

Fracassa has played and coached football his entire life and it is his greatest passion.

“I love the game of football and the fun and excitement it brings to life, including the friendships and  memories it creates with a bunch of great guys that share the same passion,” he said.

After coaching for 20 years at Brother Rice High School, Fracassa followed his son Jason over to Stevenson High School where he helped him prepare for high school and college football. His son Jason earned the Michigan Gatorade player of the year award and set every major carrier and single season passing records in Michigan high school football history.

“Needless to say, Jason will be my offensive coordinator at OU,” Fracassa said.

Oakland’s club football team has continuously made a run at the National Club Football Association (NCFA) championship year after year and have become one of the most recognizable names in the NFCA. Their most notable win was the 2014 and 2016 National Championships. Their season unfortunately came to an early end last year but Fracassa wants to turn that around quick. He expects a national championship run right off the get go.

“Win the National Championship with the gentlemen I had the pleasure to meet at our first team meeting with our coaching staff,” Fracassa said. “There was electricity in the room that day at the OU library and I plan to capitalize on the positive attitude and have a blast with these guys.”

Fracassa has always had interest in the coaching job at Oakland and has been a big fan of the club football team since its start in 2013.

“I have been going to OU Club Football games for many years to watch my hero Bobby Saad play ball. This season is Bobby’s last and I plan to bring a sophisticated high energy, fun game plan to this team in our pursuit of a National Championship,” Fracassa said.

Freshman linebacker and dues enforcer for the club football team Trent Grabowski is excited to have Fracassa in charge and can’t wait for next season to get started.

“I think we are really turning around numbers wise, with the hiring of a new coach I think people are intrigued to see where this program is going to go,” Grabowski said. “Coach Fracassa is a great man with a great football history and I am prepared to take his knowledge and apply it to the sport I love to play.”

With the season still looming in the fall, players and coaches can’t wait for the snow to melt so they can start their championship run. One thing is for sure, coach Fracassa and his players are ready to bring another national championship back to Oakland.

“National Championship here we come,” Fracassa said.