Police Files Jan. 24, 2018

Pasta scuffle

Oakland University Police Department officers were dispatched to investigate an assault between suite mates at 9:54 p.m. on Jan. 9. The two began arguing when the complainant’s suite mate first threatened to throw a pot of hot water and pasta noodles that she was cooking and then proceeded to throw said pot of noodles. Another student in the area received second degree burns and pressed charges after receiving medical treatment. Upon questioning, the assailant admitted to throwing the pot of  hot water and noodles, but only after she first threw nail polish and lotion. All three of these were also not thrown directly at her suite mates, but just in their direction. She was read her rights and placed under arrest and transported to Oakland County Jail.

A snowy trip from T.G.I.F.

OUPD dispatch received a call from Oakland County on the night of Jan. 10. The dispatcher from Oakland County stated that they received a call from Detroit from a student’s father who was in need of a welfare check on his daughter, saying that she had called him, drunk and upset about one of her classes, and stated that she was “in the snow” on her way back from T.G.I. Friday’s on Squirrel Rd. Officers attempted to locate her. She was located after a search and sent home with her mother without further incident.

Welfare check

On Jan. 12, OUPD received information regarding a student who had not been in contact with his parents, who were in China, or any administrators from Oakland University in the recent past. These people were concerned for his welfare and officers were directed to contact his local police agency and request a welfare check. Lake Orion PD and Oakland County Sheriff’s Department were contacted. The student was contacted and said he was in the process of unregistering from OU and finding a way back home to China. He was advised to contact his parents and OU at his earliest convenience.