Police files for November 11

Police Files

Shelby Tankersley

Underage drinking in Van Wagoner

On Oct. 24, OUPD was called to the sixth floor of Van Wagoner Hall around 1 a.m. due to a report of underage drinking. The two accused persons were a female student and her male friend. They had been drinking tequila and the male admitted to offering it to anyone who walked past him. After 15 minutes, OUPD let them go with a citation and advised them not to drive.

Battery in Van Wagoner

Around6 a.m. on Oct. 24, OUPD was called back to Van Wagoner Hall to handle a report of domestic violence involving the same two persons in the entry above. Students had reported a black male beating their neighbor and leaving with armfuls of clothing after the students asked him to leave. OUPD found the victim on the floor of her room with a bloody face, mouth and arms. She said he had done this before and that she was trying to break up with him. Housing has been notified to keep an eye out for the male should he return to campus.

Underage drinking in Hamlin Hall

On Oct. 25, night watch asked officers to come to Hamlin Hall to handle underage drinking. Three males had checked in earlier that night and the nightwatch desk said they looked underage and seemed drunk. When OUPD caught up with the boys, they said they had been at the SAE Halloween party, but denied having consumed any alcohol. The three were put through Standardized Field Sobriety Tests and two of them were found to have alcohol in their system. The third proved he was clean of any alcoholic beverage through a breathalyzer test.