Hoedown at OU

Emerging country artist to perform at SPB’s Hoedown

SPB+put+out+fliers+and+posters+all+around+campus+to+advertise+the+event+including+right+outside+its+office.+

Nowshin Chowdhury

SPB put out fliers and posters all around campus to advertise the event including right outside its office.

It’s reaching that point in the semester again – professors are handing out midterm exams, and homework assignments are piling high. Students are desperately looking for ways to de-stress. The Student Program Board (SPB) is throwing a free Hoedown between Bear Lake and the Oakland Center on Oct. 21 from 5-10 p.m.

“Students should definitely attend, it is going to be amazing,” said Amber Hillman, annual events director for SPB. “There will be line dancing to start the night off, free Dicky’s BBQ food, as well as a s’more bar.”

This event will be a great way to kick off the weekend if students are looking to have a good time.

Marissa Rothwell, a third-year student, plans to attend the Hoedown.

“I think it is going to be a really nice break from worrying about my classes,” she said. “I’m also a huge country music fan, so I look forward to hearing the live concert.”

Rising country singer Stephen Neal will be performing at the event. He is currently touring the nation, performing at different colleges and venues trying to build his fan base. Neal has only released two EPs but hopes to write a full album in the future.

At the Hoedown, Neal will perform songs from both of his EPs, including “I Just Drive” and “Acoustic EP, Pt. 1.” He will also cover other popular country songs.

Students can find out more about Stephen Neal and his music on his website, stephennealmusic.com, or can check him out on Spotify.