GrizzlyPalooza to feature Gym Class Heroes, Drew32

GrizzlyPalooza will once again invade the campus of Oakland University April 12 at 7 p.m.

“SPB (Student Program Board) is so excited to put on another concert for the student body,” SPB Mainstage Chair Kate Rozek said. “It is very exciting to be able to put on GrizzlyPalooza Part Two — we were blessed to be able to do Part One.”

GrizzlyPalooza Part Two will take place at the Meadow Brook Music Festival and will feature Gym Class Heroes as the headlining act.

“I wanted to make it more diverse. Gym Class Heroes is not just strictly a rap act,” Rozek said.

The lineup will also feature a female artist, which was lacking from the first part of the event.

“I wanted to make sure we had a lineup with a female artist,” said Rozek.

OU student Drew “Drew 32” Parks will be performing as the opening act at the event.

“There’s a lot of great local artists out here, and a lot that attend Oakland, so I’m definitely grateful for my talents to be recognized and to be chose to open up GrizzlyPalooza,” Parks, a sophomore double majoring in business and marketing at OU, said.The concert will be held a week before finals.

“This is a great way to end the year, and just let loose before finals,” Rozek said. “Kate and the rest of the OU SPB put together a sweet lineup, and it has set the stage for Oakland to really get to know me and my music.”

Rozek said she hopes the turnout is as good for Part Two as it was for Part One.

“GrizzyPalooza Part One was amazing,” she said. “There were so many students — it looked like it was completely full.”

Tickets for the event go on sale Feb. 13 for OU students, staff and faculty and are $15 each.