What does your office door have to say?

ANGELA KAISER Assistant Professor of Social Work

Kaiser’s door is decorated with a poster created by students during National Sociology Month. “I play drums in a band as a hobby, so they thought it would be funny to go with a music theme and used the Kiss poster, but altered the name to my last name ‘Kaiser,’” she said. “They also took pictures of the social work faculty and placed them over the members of Kiss. My face is on the drummer picture … I left it on my door because I was very touched that they students took time to make it, and I think it is hilarious!”

TIMOTHY LARRABEE Associate Professor of Science Education 

“I chose to place so many LGBT resources on my door because they are not available elsewhere in the school of education and  human services,” he said. “My favorite thing on the door is the “Save the Date” flier for the 2013 SOGI Education conference because it symbolizes the success of the conference this past February and marks its expected expansion.” In addition to the resources and comics, Larrabee has posted a flier on his door from 2010 and the campaign he spearheaded to ask the Board of Trustees to adopt sexual orientation inclusive employment policies.

JULIA SMITH Associate Professor and Ph.D. Coordinator in Education 

“The art on my door was produced by my daughter over the years. She is my miracle since I was not supposed to be able to have a baby,” she said. “I have also recently added a poster identifying statistics and research terms (the alphabet) because that is my primary area of teaching — I teach people how to do quantitative research.” She said her favorite pictures are of an otter and another of a monster chasing and eating the alphabet.

Contact Senior Reporter Sarah Hunton via email at [email protected]