CAMPUS BRIEFS: Feb. 27

University to host “Bye Bye Barbie! Fighting Media Messages”

There will be an interactive workshop held Feb. 27 in Fireside Lounge of the Oakland Center from noon to 1:30 p.m.

The message of the workshop is to discuss the role of social media and how it affects self-image.

For more information, contact Julie Proctor at 248-370-2758 or send an email to [email protected]

Eating disorder screenings offered by counseling center

The Graham Counseling Center is offering confidential eating disorder screenings at the Recreations and Athletic Center Feb. 28 from 3-5 p.m.

Students who have or think they have an eating disorder are key candidates for these screenings.

For more information, contact Julie Proctor at 248-370-2758 or email [email protected]

Freshmen invited to Michigan Science Center field trip

There will be a field trip to the Michigan Science Center March 3 from 12:45-5:30 p.m.

This event is for freshmen students only. Transportation and dinner will be provided.

Students can sign up at the Hamlin mail desk.

For more information, contact Michele Applebee at 248-370-3323 or email [email protected]

University to show documentary for eating disorder awareness week

A movie will be shown Feb. 27 from 7-9 p.m. in the Banquet Rooms of the Oakland Center. The documentary is part of eating disorder awareness week, and is based off of Melissa’s story, who lost her life at 19 years old to an eating disorder, and her journal writings.