CAMPUS BRIEFS: Feb. 6

Relationships, life at OU to be discussed at live online chat

Students will be able to participate in a live chat online Feb. 6 from 8 to 9 p.m.

This chat will be between other students, and the topic of the discussion is relationships and life at Oakland University.

To participate, students need to register online at www.oakland.edu/OUAPM

The chat can be found online at http://svy.mk/14NMphx

Chinese New Year celebration

This year’s Chinese New Year celebration will be Feb. 7 from 4:30 to 7 p.m. in the Banquet Rooms of the Oakland Center.

This event will feature performances from OU students, community experts, a sampling of traditional Chinese New Year’s food and crafts.

This event allows students to experience the celebration of Chinese culture and traditions. For more information, contact Petra Knoche at 248-370-3358 or send an email to [email protected]

Department of Human Services to speak about social work

The Michigan Department of Human Services will give an informational session abotu social work Feb. 7 from noon to 1 p.m. in room 308 of Pawley Hall.

This session allows students to increase their possibility of an interview with DHS and to speak with Human Resources. DHS will specifically talk to social work students about opportunities and benefits of working for DHS. For more information, call 248-370-2371.

Career Services hosts speed networking event Friday

Career Services will host a speed networking event Feb. 8 from 11:30 a.m to 3 p.m. in tahe Gold Rooms of the Oakland center.

For more information contact Career Services at 248-370-3250 or send an email to [email protected]

OUPD to test text message alert system Tuesday

The Oakland University Police Department will perform a test of their text message alert system Feb. 12 at 1 p.m.

—Compiled by Lilly Reid, Staff Intern