The results are in: Walter and Kubinski to be next year’s student leaders

Junior Nick Walter, criminal justice major, and Madison Kubinski, political science major, won the Oakland University Student Congress election with 532 votes out of 1,244.

The names of the new Student Body President and Vice President have been announced.

Junior Nick Walter, criminal justice major, and Madison Kubinski, political science major, won the Oakland University Student Congress election with 532 votes out of 1,244. The announcement was made at noon yesterday in the Fireside Lounge of the Oakland Center.

Walter has previously served with OUSC as senior legislator and Student Activities Funding Board student liaison. Kubinski has also been an OUSC Legislator and Steering Chair.

“The plan is to work on our [four] main initiatives: more 4.0’s, more swag, more outlets, and more space,” said Walter.

Walter and Kubinski said they want students to have a fairer chance at getting 4.0 grade point averages, more OU merchandise to choose from, and more space in the Oakland Center.

The two said they will work towards those goals and many more by collaborating with administrators and starting campaigns to raise awareness and funding. Their vision statement includes goals of consideration for every student’s wants and needs regardless of their year or major.

Kubinski and Walter say their platform is completely founded on student input.

Candidates Laina Townsend and Sam Harris came in second with 441 votes, andKatie Rose and Layla Sizemore came in third with 271 votes.

A list of next year’s legislators can be found on OUSC’s Facebook page.

More information on the duo and its plans for next year will be in next week’s issue of The Oakland Post, on stands Wednesday.