Second presidential finalist announced

An open forum with Ora Hirsch Pescovitz will be held 10-11:30 a.m. on Thursday, April 20 in the Oakland Center Banquet Rooms

Ora Hirsch Pescovitz is one of two finalists for Oakland University's presidency.

Paige Brockway, Editor-in-Chief

An April 18 press release by Board of Trustees Chair Richard DeVore announced the second of two finalists for the Oakland University presidency.

Ora Hirsch Pescovitz is senior vice president of Eli Lilly and Company and U.S. medical leader for Lilly Bio-Medicines. The other finalist, Carl Camden, participated in an open campus forum on Monday, April 17.

Now that her candidacy has been made public, Pescovitz’s executive resume is published on Oakland’s website.

Pescovitz is a pediatric endocrinologist and researcher who is also an adjunct professor of pediatrics at the Indiana University School of Medicine. She has worked with Lilly since 2014.

Prior to that, she was the first female executive vice president for Medical Affairs at the University of Michigan and CEO of the university’s health system from 2009-14. She also served as president and CEO of Riley Hospital for Children in Indiana from 2004-09.

Pescovitz holds a medical degree from the Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine, as well as a bachelor’s degree in medical science from Northwestern. She also studied for one year at Hebrew University in Israel.

Among other professional positions, Pescovitz is chair of the Indiana University Center for Global Health/AMPATH-Kenya Development Board.

Pescovitz was married to the late Mark Pescovitz, a renowned transplant surgeon at Indiana University who died in a car accident in 2010. She is a mother of three and has three grandchildren.

Pescovitz will be on campus Thursday, April 20 and will participate in an open forum 10-11:30 a.m. in the Oakland Center Banquet Rooms. Faculty, students and staff are encouraged to attend.

Following Pescovitz’s visit, an electronic survey link will be open for 48 hours to obtain feedback from the campus community.