New Features to the Annual RHA Zombie Walk

RHA+memebers+dress+up+as+zombies+for+the+annual+zombie+walk.+

Courtesy of Oakland University RHA

RHA memebers dress up as zombies for the annual zombie walk.

The Residence Hall Association (RHA) will bring back its annual RHA Zombie Walk on Oct. 28. With this year’s theme of Back to the Mansion, an homage to the movie “Back to the Future,” the walk promises new and exciting additions.

The event will begin when buses bring students to the start of the walk at Hamlin Circle from 7 to 10 p.m.

Brendan Scorpio, resident assistant in Vandenberg Hall and a sophomore studying psychology, talked about some of the new features to this year’s Zombie Walk. He listed storytellers, tour guides, and cider and doughnuts by a fire at the end to calm the nerves.

As a volunteer for the Zombie Walk, Scorpio also implied that the walk has more to offer, stating, “We have to keep some secrets.”

Run by the RHA and volunteers, this event promises a lot for students who are on campus, regardless of housing status.

Randy Jefferson, a resident assistant in Hamlin Hall, talked about last year’s event and his thoughts on the new aspects of the walk.

“The walk itself is pretty scary,” Jefferson said. “Last year, it was great. This year is a little different. It’s more of an experience. There’s more stuff this year.”

“Lots of fun, lots of people, lots to experience,” he said.

Jefferson also added that the first 100 people in line for the event will receive a free T-shirt.

Jefferson will be a volunteer for the recently-added cider and doughnuts portion of the event at the finish of the walk.

A way to get involved in the fun on campus will be coming in the form of this zombie invasion. And what better way to kick off your pre-Halloween weekend than with a revamping of a classic movie, chilling stories of campus and free donuts and cider?